The Bookkeeper is responsible to assist in the delivery of a variety of financial services for Gould Farm. This position is primarily responsible to manage accounts payable and accounts receivable; to respond to staff requests for matters related to budgeting and managing finances for departments. This position assists with the financial management of guest customer payments, working closely with the Director of Admissions. And the Bookkeeper works closely with the Development Office to process and track donations. Must be willing to promote the values and spirit of Gould Farm, to actively participate as a member of the community and to continuously seek ways to improve, both self and function.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Entering Accounts Payable invoices into the computer and tracking accounts;
- Review and write checks to accounts for signature;
- Manage the fixed asset system;
- Complete the Accounts Receivable billing cycle each month, making adjustments as necessary and tracking information electronically;
- Work closely with the Development Office to ensure that charitable contributions are accurately managed and recorded;
- Receive and enter Guest payments;
- Perform monthly Guest billing with review by Admissions Director;
- Review and audit accounts for monthly financial statement closing;
- Review and enter monthly cash receipts;
- Make bank deposits;
- Assist HR Director with payroll entry, verifications and transmission;
- Coordinate monthly Visa bills with all receipts for payment;
- Participate at Team, Staff and Community Meetings.
Qualifications: Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent and at least 2-4 years bookkeeping experience. Must be detail oriented, organized, able to work independently and possess strong communication skills. Must have proficiency in electronic fund accounting systems, MIP experience a plus!
To Apply: Please send resume and letter of interest to: Michael J. Covell, HR Director, Gould Farm, P.O. Box 157, Monterey, MA 01245-0157 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity requires residency at the Farm as a condition of employment (living at Gould Farm in provided housing). Should suitable housing not be available at the time of employment, agreement to moving to the Farm as soon as suitable housing is available is a contingency of employment.