Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, this position is responsible to assist in the successful operation of the Gould Farm kitchens including the main kitchen which serves approximately 60-100 people three times each day, and the Roadside Café, a breakfast and lunch establishment that serves the public. Taking direction from the Kitchen Manager and the Assistant Manager, this position is responsible for assisting with the general operations of the kitchens including maintenance of a clean, safety conscious and efficient work environment, leadership of the guest work program, and assisting in meal planning, production, and service. Responsible to promote the values and spirit of Gould Farm, to actively participate as a member of the community and to continuously seek ways to improve, both self and function.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in overseeing the daily operation of the kitchen and maintaining the standards and expectations of excellence in work team performance and service.
- Plan, prepare and deliver menu items in a manner that reflects attention to quality and service, and health and nutrition.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment.
- General housekeeping tasks and sanitation procedures, including sweeping, washing floors and windows, cleaning equipment and appliances, etc.
- Create and support a work environment that is empowering for guests, volunteers and colleagues.
- Teach and coach guests assigned to the area, by offering supportive, appropriate and challenging work assignments and recognizing accomplishments.
- Collaborate with staff and guests to ensure an environment where all participant’s strengths, talents and voices are recognized.
- Actively engage in circle of support and feedback regarding guest participation in work program as part of the overall Gould Farm therapeutic milieu.
- Support other food service work teams, especially in a seasonal downswing.
- Meet weekly with Manager for ongoing supervision to support professional growth and competency.
- Serve in leadership role, supporting volunteers and per diem staff.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff and community meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training to meet performance expectations.
Qualifications: This position requires residency at the Farm as a condition of employment (living at Gould Farm in provided housing). Should suitable housing not be available at the time of hire, agreement to moving to the Farm as soon as suitable housing is available is a contingency of employment. This position requires food service experience, and the ability to work collaboratively as a team member. Excellent communication and organization skills and the ability to assist with the integration of community feedback into a continuous improvement initiative are essential.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume via email to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.