Join a dynamic team dedicated to healing, recovery and reimagining mental health treatment. The Assistant Kitchen Manager works as a member of a multidisciplinary team that contributes to each guest’s treatment and recovery. Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, this position is responsible to assist in the successful operation of the Gould Farm kitchen facility, which feeds approximately 60 to 100 people per day, three meals per day. This position assists with menu planning and nutrition, inventory management, and the general operations of the kitchen, including staff scheduling; maintenance of a clean, safety conscious and efficient work environment; and leadership of the guest work program. This position is responsible for the promotion of the values of Gould Farm, reflected in the Mission Statement and participation as a contributing member of the community.
- Assume a leadership role, under the direction of the Kitchen Manager, in effectively preparing nutritious meals and operating a dynamic, safe and efficient work environment.
- Maintain the cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the kitchen, upholding local, state and federal health codes and regulations and standards.
- Help plan weekly menus that adhere to the highest of nutritional standards and afford options to serve a variety of dietary needs.
- Assist with planning and preparing meals for special holidays and events.
- Help in scheduling kitchen staff, volunteers and guests during both work program and non work program hours.
- Assist with food and supply ordering and inventory management, including coordinating with other departments at the Farm to ensure integration of Farm products into foodservice.
- Communicating with and seeking feedback from the larger community regarding food and nutrition related issues.
Training and Support of Guests in Work Program
- Assist in creating, managing, and maintaining a supportive and challenging work program for guests.
- Participate in treatment planning and implementation related to skill development of guests.
- Explore and develop new recipes that will support skill building for guests and feature use of Gould Farm resources/products reflecting the mission.
- Train guests in safe food handling and sanitation.
- Assist in communicating with other teams about flow of resources and products for use in kitchen production, specifically Bakery, Garden and Farm.
- Meet weekly with the Kitchen Manager for ongoing supervision to support professional growth and competency.
- Serve in leadership role, supervising and supporting volunteers and per diem staff, and provide oversight of work program and kitchen operation in Manager’s absence.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff and community meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training to meet performance expectations.
Qualifications: This position requires residency at the Farm in employer provided housing as a condition of employment. Should suitable housing not be available at the time of hire, agreement to moving to the Farm as soon as suitable housing is available is a contingency of employment. 2-3 years experience in food preparation and management, cooking for large groups, menu planning, scheduling and supervising the work of others. Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and a team player. Must be willing to promote the values and spirit of Gould Farm, to actively participate as a member of the community and to continuously seek ways to improve, both self and function.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Mike Covell, Director of Human Resources at HR@gouldfarm.org